A sweet shortbread crust, filled with a creamy chocolate ganache.
Ganache: 15 (3in round tartlets)
16oz Dark Chocolate
1 1/4cup Heavy Cream
4tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Heat heavy cream, butter and brandy until a simmer.
- Pour over chocolate in a bowl and allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- After allowing it to sit, emulsify it by stirring the chocolate until it begins to thicken.
Tip: You can fold in whipped cream to make a whipped ganache consistency, to resemble a cream pie.
Shortbread Crust: 15 (3in round tartlets)
2cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
1cup Confectioners' Sugar
4cups All Purpose Flour
1/2tsp Baking Powder
1/4tsp Vanilla Extract
- Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Blend into butter mixture, and add the vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Portion into 15 (2 1/2oz) balls.
- Roll out and place into tartlet shell.
- Dock the tartlets and bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
- Cool, then remove from tarlet form.
- Take the cool shell and fill with the ganche.
- Either plate it or platter it.
- Serve with some chantilly cream and shaved chocolate.